Sunday 8 April 2007

Back in the UK!

Jet-lagged to fook following a stint of close to 48 hours awake, crossing multiple timezones and a big ocean, I'm back home in the UK.


It felt good as I went through the "British Passports" part of immigration control at Heathrow, good to hear familiar accents again, and oh to see Marks & Spencer again! (hmm)


I'm staying in Reigate with my mate Darren, an exiled Manx lad that I went to school with. Have pretty much been taking it easy watching DVD's, chatting about the good old days and our new stories. Great to see him again!


Tomorrow I'll be back on the Isle of Man. My journey will be over but I'll be glad to see my family and friends and my Island of course! Not so keen on the idea of returning to work though - but needs must.


Looking forward to testing what effect cycling 5,000km in 4 months has had on my triathlon prowess. With the Island Games in 82 days, it's going to be an interesting summer!


I'll be discontinuing this blog soon. Instead, I'm thinking about keeping a Island Games training diary online. So, I'll finish with this picture taken by my touring bud Baz: this was the dream; we lived it!


-AC

No comments: